Welcome to your crash course in everything you need to know about "the cloud" and cloud computing. As your first lesson, you should know these two are the same thing.
Information Technology is everywhere so it is important to stay informed. IT has made our lives easier in almost every way to the point we can’t imagine living our lives without having it. IT is constantly adapting to new trends and technologies as they become available to provide the best user experience. In fact, cloud computing has exponentially changed the way we do business.
Cloud Computing 101
Now, you might be wondering as to where the cloud exists and how it can be useful to your business. For starters, the cloud allows you to store and access all your data, software, and programs over the internet instead of your physical storage drives. Which has spurred many companies across the globe to leverage cloud computing to meet their corporate demands. To say that cloud computing is fast changing the very dynamics of how companies do business is an understatement. This technology is quick, user-friendly, secure, affordable, and flexible; It is also available anywhere you have internet and the proper devices. You can use it while sitting at home, on the move, or even when having fun with friends and family.
Think of the cloud as a metaphor for the web. Cloud computing is exactly the opposite of your physical computing. For instance, when you store data on your physical drive, it is called as local storage. This means that these files can only be accessed if you have this physical drive.
Since this is about physical, everything you need should close to you physically. The purpose of physical storage is that you need faster access to the data stored on your drive that can work smoothly. While there are some who believe that physical computing is superior to cloud computing, that is far from the truth. For instance, utilizing your physical resources may be a good idea if you are working on a single computer but not so when you are a part of a network that needs to move around.
At its core, cloud computing is much different to having a devoted network connected with network storage drives. This means that your office or home network cannot be attributed to a cloud system. In cloud computing, you need to have access to programs and data over the internet. Moreover, it would be better to have the data synchronized with the information you have on the web. Cloud computing is a very robust solution, particularly for businesses.
Fundamentals Of A Powerful Cloud Solution
So, what precisely a cloud solution offers to consumers and businesses? A robust cloud solution can provide speed, flexibility, quality, security, and proficiency.
Enterprises are benefiting from cloud solutions for business considerably. As an entrepreneur, you need a cloud solution that covers all your business requirements from one end to the other. For instance, your cloud solution for business should be able to give your business versatile security concepts along with industry needs. Essentially, this means that cloud solutions are practical, custom made, and can be tailored to your firm’s needs.
This is where a corporate cloud solution is different from a consumer-based solution. For example, cloud solutions that are meant for corporations and businesses maintain a strong focus on security, availability, performance and flawless integration.
These solutions enable companies to scale their IT resources, often at a very short notice. How so? Corporate cloud solutions are designed as powerful but flexible solutions. You can adapt them per your business needs like platform, infrastructure, software as a service, etc. Moreover, your cloud solution also gives you other benefits such as deployment as per your needs and use your preferred conventional enterprise applications.
Even in its most basic form, a cloud computing solution provides much more versatility and accessibility to its users compared to traditional systems. It is not just about virtual or physical; rather it has more to do with availability, performance and security, and user friendliness. This is where cloud computing steals the crown from conventional means of computing. Another benefit of using cloud computing is its ability to seamlessly synchronize with existing solutions and applications, making it a much safer and easier to use option for corporations as well as enterprises.
Benefits of Using A Quality Cloud Computing Solution
A versatile cloud computing solution is designed as a sophisticated system to cater all your needs. Whether you an entrepreneur or a personal user, cloud computing is just the right solution for all types of computing. Another benefit is that cloud computing applications are virtually limitless. All you need is the right middleware to make it work efficiently with your solution. For instance, cloud computing solutions can execute all types of programs that your ordinary workstation would, only with more efficiency. Here are some notable benefits that you can get by using a quality cloud computing system:
• A cloud computing solution gives clients the access to data and applications anywhere and anytime they need. Customers can access the system without compromising functionality and efficiency. The data you need to access on the cloud solution for business will not be confined to your computer’s hard drive or the internal network.
• Cloud computing solution can reduce your expenditures to a real extent. By minimizing the need of using advanced and expensive hardware for performing your daily computing tasks. The perforamnce of your cloud solution is not limttted by the speed of your hardware. For instance, your computer’s processing speed, Random Access Memory (RAM) and disk size will have no impact on your cloud system as it will cover these and other shortcomings in your hardware. In fact, even an entry level computer will provide you enough processing power and memory to run the user interface (UI) of your cloud computing solution. In addition, the required information and data will be stored on a remote computer.
• In order to achieve maximum productivity, businesses will have to ensure they have the right hardware and software in place to take advantage of a cloud system. Additionally, your cloud computing system saves you plenty on buying expensive software licenses and tools to use on different computers. Just pay a metered fee to your cloud solution company such as Office 365 and you are good to go.
• Entrepreneurs know that digital storage business and local servers take up a lot of space. For ease of use, some corporations prefer utilizing rental physical spaces. In fact, some companies only have to rent additional space just to accommodate their databases and servers. However, renting physical space can be quite expensive and time consuming, especially if you want to relocate your business elsewhere. This is where your cloud solution company can help reduce your expenditures. All you need is to upload all the data to your cloud storage relocate your business anywhere you want, without worrying about renting additional space for keeping servers and databases.
• Using a quality cloud storage system will save you cost on IT support equipment. Theoretically, compared to having multiple heterogeneous computers, operating systems and hardware, a streamlined virtual system will save you from having multiple issues.
• The most evident benefit of using a quality cloud computing system is that allows you to better utilize its network processing speed regardless of the power of your physical hardware. There have been cases where one computer would take years to perform complex calculations. However, with a grid based computing system, you can simply send your complex calculations to the cloud system for processing. The cloud system will then tap in the processing power of all connected computers through the back end. This will help you get more calculation speed.
• Cloud computing makes scalability much easier compared to conventional methods. For instance, like every corporation, your company might need to scale its IT environment as your business climbs the evolutionary ladder. To cope up with this, you may need to have updated apps and software. Buying these separately can be quite expensive. Your cloud computing solution can readily handle this requirement. In case a demand to decreasing or increasing apps for enhancing system performance arises, you can simply scale your business through the cloud service. In short, your cloud solution service will enable you to just move ahead without worrying about buying expensive system apps and software.
• Your cloud computing solutions gets regular updates in terms of functionality, usability and performance. Each latest version combines applications that are a must to run your business. Moreover, they are followed with timely updates including new features, security protocols, improved functionality and user friendliness among other enhancements.
• Cloud computing allows entrepreneurs to reduce the size of data centers. By eliminating unnecessary footprint of your data center, you can reduce the number of servers and yet be able to perform the same number of tasks with ease. This greatly reduce your costs on keeping and maintaining many data centers and thus, improves the overall performance of your organization.
• By reducing the number of data centers and servers, your cloud solution company is in turn helping protect the environment. As more and more corporations are making use of cloud computing solutions worldwide, they are reducing the number of data centers and servers, thus, contributing their share for paving way for a better, greener, and more ecofriendly business environment.
• Entrepreneurs have many benefits of using cloud computing service. It helps them combine many dispersed groups at one place and share pertinent information in real time. Not only does this feature reduces expenses, but it also saves corporations plenty of time.
• Another benefit of using quality cloud computing solution is that it allows your employees more flexibility in their work practices. Doing so will enable them to have access to data from anywhere they are including home, from workplace and even via commute. All they need to do is to connect to the virtual office from wherever they are.
• Data safety is a very important feature in today’s business environment. Any accident such as fire, or data loss can occur anytime. If so, it can cause you plenty of headaches and loss of precious investment. This is where cloud computing solution can be a very handy tool. Not only will it protect your company’s crucial data during such mishaps, it will also save you from plenty of time and money. Whether you are an experienced entrepreneur or just had a fresh startup, investing in a quality cloud computing solution is always a wise decision. Moreover, it will protect your business from spending upfront for no reason, and will keep your precious data safe and sound regardless of the fate of your physical assets.
It is apparent that spending in a cloud computing solution is the way forward. There virtual storage space offers too many benefits that cannot be overlooked. Not only does it protects your investment and assets, it also helps reduce capital expenditure by reducing the cost of buying expensive hardware from time to time. As an entrepreneur, you’ll just pay for the subscription to the cloud service and as a result, it’ll keep protecting your business from all types of calamities.
Cloud computing solution is flexible and powerful, so you need not to invest extra for buying extra hardware to be able to gain more processing power. Additionally, it offers excellent security to your data so you need not to spend in buying extra software and tools for data protection.
Your cloud solution service will take care of software updates. This saves you plenty of time and money. It is easy to use, versatile and has a user friendly interface that is not difficult to master. All in all, cloud computing is truly the future of corporate and consumer computing. Realizing this, the number of cloud computing users across the planet is increasing exponentially. If the rapid expansion of cloud computing in corporate and consumer world is anything to go by, we may see almost every single organization utilizing cloud computing in years to come.